The statement that IT security risk management is challenging comes to no surprise to security professionals today. The rapid landscape of IT change is the highest it has ever been with the introduction of cloud SaaS/IaaS/PaaS products and the migration to large cloud providers such as Google, Azure, and Amazon.
IT infrastructure and applications today make deployment faster than ever, easy for development teams, and the business loves being able to get to market as soon as possible. However, these rapid deployment technologies bring challenges to keeping data safe and putting strain on security teams. One of the hardest things to do is to incorporate IT security into business process or change the end-user experience and habits.
So, what’s the solution? Unfortunately, there isn’t a silver bullet that will do this. There are some questions you can ask yourself to help gauge your risk posture for your company. Although these questions are helpful, there is work to be done even after if you have solid answers and understanding to these questions. As Benjamin Franklin said “Fail to plan, plan to fail” and that couldn’t be truer. Onto the questions:
- Do you have a compliance and governance framework in place to secure your organization?
- Are your controls monitored and are the owners of those controls performing required actions?
- Do you have a central location to track and monitor all of your company’s security and compliance controls?
- Do you know where you store all your company’s sensitive information? Do you feel good about who has access to it?
- If I test my IT and security governance controls today, would I feel good about the results and how do I track them?
- What’s is my company’s risk exposure rating? What controls are in place to mitigate or compensate that risk?
- Do I really know my users and what they need or what they are doing?
Opsease is here to help, it’s your modern-day Governance Risk Management and Compliance platform. It has the ability to track your company’s controls, manage risk, and enforce vendor compliance. The Opsease platform is setup to for security leaders, compliance professionals, business leaders, and control owners to centralize security and business controls in one location. The platform tracks control
completion process, gives a summary of what’s outstanding, while keeping track of risks and to-do items that need to be addressed by the organization.
To learn more about Opsease, visit https://Opsease.com for more information about how we can help you manage your security and compliance framework in one platform!